Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sooo cunnin'


My tomato plants are nearly 10 inches tall under growlights, and these Asian eggplants, planted just a few days ago, are already up. Their colleagues the lipstick peppers--peppers are slow to germinate--have yet to appear. After viewing the amazing success my neighbor Mary Roy had in her ripstop grow tunnels with wintering over greens and the early growth of seeds planted in the fall, I planted out my cold frame this week. After I installed the digital thermometer, I discovered that even on a cloudy day the temperature of the soil was 67 degrees. To avoid cooking the seeds and young plants, I propper the cover open slightly and covered the whole bed with remay inside. I am hoping for the first appearance of seedlings by weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home